Cub Scout red vest

I am looking for a pattern for the red patch vest that can be made by my cubs. I am planning on doing this as an activity to start to teach them some sewing skills. Any help would be gratly appreciated.

Thanks

Pete

May not be official, but our new Tiger Den Leader opted for a red sash instead of a vest...her feeling was since the patches, pins, etc could not go on the cubbie uniforms, she was going to imitate the BSA sash...and I must say that the kids look GREAT in them. Another reason for her not going with the standard red vest, was that our local (younger) campfire girls, have red vests.

I actually purchased the red patch felt blanket with the universal emblem on it. You could make your own easily. I then machine sew the patches in a halfhazzard fashion all over the blanket. Eventually, it can be hung on the wall or put on the bed. It is extremely hard to sew the patches on by hand. The kids little fingers will hurt trying to get the needle thru the outer rim of the patch. If you want the boys to earn their sewing elective (in Tigers), you could let each sew one patch on with your machine. Or..... I'm actually purchasing the leather coin purse kit where the boys use leather cord to sew the purse together (bigger needle and holes are prepunched).