When I was a Cubscout we cut out turtles from about 1/4 inch plywood. Painted them and then driiled a whole through the body, and ran a string through the hole. We then raced them. Does anyone have referances on the plans for this? See page 28 in the Wolf book to see what the race looks like.

Back when I was a Cubmaster, the turtle races were the annual year-end event in our Pack. We held them for the last pack meeting in May before school let out for the summer.

Absolutely the best time! Be happy to send you the plans for the cutout if you send me your email.

My boys did the turtles races once at a campout. They had a great time. I was hoping to get a copy of the plans for the cutouts also if at all possible. It would make a great game for our end of year picnic in June.

Thanks in advance

For those of you that sent me a PM about the turtle cutout, I apologize for the delay in sending it. I thought I knew where it was in my house but it's been a few years since I did Cubs and things have a habit of disappearing in my house.

Anyway, pattern found and I will scan it and send it out tomorrow.