Tiger missed Go See It or Den Activity

There are usually multiple ways that an activity can be done. You can redo the activity on another date doing it a different way.

Or, even though outings & den activities should be done with the den, you can have the family do it on their own if need be.

Remember, the boys have until they graduate from 1st grade (& possibly a bit longer) to earn their rank badge.

What activities have been missed?

"Or, even though outings & den activities should be done with the den, you can have the family do it on their own if need be."

That is what I did. I just asked the parent to do the same activity, preferably with the entire family (to get the group effect).

As I recall (dont' have it here in front of me and my Tiger Cub years were 4 years ago) the Tiger Cub Handbook says something to the affect that that we shouldn't be too strict on the requirements - that the idea is for the boy to enjoy the activity and learn about the topics and not so much that they dot every "t" and cross every "i". (was that in Willey Wonka?).

Ken K.

... an slightly off topic ...

Don't forget to take lots of pictures of your boys. Now that my den is in Webelos 2, I really enjoy seeing and sharing pictures of them as Tigers, Wolves, .... The boys and parents get a real kick out of it.

They will grow sooo fast.

Since September, only 1 scout has missed a Go See It...a visit to the fire house. I just want to be prepared with answers to the questions when they come from the parents.

As far as picture, I have taken pictures at almost every Pack & Den event...plan on making a photo album for the boys to look at at the end of the year and when they become Boy Scouts.

You can schedule a visit to your local police department for that Achievement too.

I try to just do the fire dept because the police dept is part of a Bear Achievement, but I have had to do both on occasion. It came in handy one year, right after 9/11, when we could not get a tour of any type of radio or newspaper. I ended up using our tour of the 911 facility in the police dept as our Communication Achievement. It worked well because they described how 911 & reverse 911 works. They called some of the police & fire dept cars to show the boys how the computer could locate them & deliver important information to whoever needed it. They even had a real 911 call come in for an ambulance!

I had 1 boy miss the fire dept tour a few weeks ago. Mom said they have reletives in the dept so she will set up a "private" tour. I also had 2 boys miss the food pyramid last week so I will send the info home for them to do with their families. I think I will also schedule a tour of our local grocery store!

I agree. On average, we have 6 of 7 show up at any den meeting, pak event or go-see-it. Most activities are simple enough to be either repeated at a den meeting or done at home as a family. For our flag ceremony activity, we introduced the den flag and the den American flag. One boy missed the meeting, but he participated in a flag ceremony at school, so he got his orange bead at the next meeting. I think it is most important to get the boys exposed to some fun and new activities while they are making new friends.