Den Leader Award

Last month I turned in my sheet showing that I had completed the requirments for the Den Leader Award. Last week he said that he had sent it into the Council Office. How long does it take to get this approved, and when and how is it presented? Is this given out at the District Dinner, or is it sent back to the Pack to make the presentation?

Good Questions! I dropped off my CC's Cub Scouter award about two months ago and have not heard anything since! Who did you give your paper work too? I was thinking that maybe I messed up by I dropping it off at Council instead of District.

Mark Maranto

Approval for leader training awards is the responsibility of the council training committee (volunteers). Usually the committee delegates this to the individual district training chairmen (the members of the council committee) to do this. If the award application has been properly filled out, approval should not take more than 5 minutes.

Followup with your district training chairman.

Your CC and/or CM may be waiting for a good opportunity to present it to you. I'd earned my CM award in December last year, and was convinced that the paperwork had been lost, only to have the CC show up at the final Pack meeting of the school year (May) to present it to me in front of the entire Pack.

mark

Local custom varies. In these parts, leader training awards are presented at Roundtables, and the award is held until the person finally shows up (incentive!). District and Council Recognition Dinners are for the District and Council awards (District Award of Merit, Silver Beaver, etc).