11 yrs old never been in scouts but in 5th grade??

We have a boy that wants to join our pack because all his friends from school are in the pack but he is already 11 yrs old. He has never been in Cub scouts before and this has been his dream for a long long time. Is there anyway he can still be a Webelos II even though he is 11?

Angela

I believe SWS is correct. He can join as a Webelos, but he should understand going in that it might be very difficult to get his Arrow of Light with the other boys (I am assuming they get their Arrow of Light and bridge over at B&G in February). I think it important to prepare him for that possibility so he is not disapointed.

Just today, I found out about a boy who wants to join Boy Scouts with his friend when his friend bridges over to our Troop in February. He will be 11 years old in December, which means that he can join in February with no problem. I actually went on-line tonight to get the official wording of the joining requirements; "Be a boy who has completed the fifth grade and be at least 10 years old, or be 11 years old, or have earned the Arrow of Light Award and be at least 10 years old, and be under 18 years old."

• 3 weeks later...