What do Katrina-ed Cubs need?

What can a distant Den or Pack do to help Gulf Coast Cubs - now, as they try to assimilate wherever they are - and in the future, as they try to reestablish their Units back home?

Should we attempt to replace basics, like handbooks, uniform parts, etc.?

Or should we go for "luxury" items like red vests, etc?

jd

I believe it was LyndaJ in another thread that spurred me to action.

I am trying to locate any transplanted families within our area through the Red Cross and asking my District and Council to help in the process. If we can identify any of the kids, we can adopt those individuals into our Pack, Troop, District, Council to help them continue their efforts in Scouting(I pledged a uniform and book for any Cub Scout). But I asked to expand the search to find out Girl Scouts and Campfire folk as well.

If there are any kids out there that need a stable group to part of, I want to make sure we can do what we can and should do locally - think globally act locally.

One of the best ways to find displaced scouts is to contact your childs school. If they are registering students they you can reach them there. It makes it easier that way since then they can be connected with boys in a Den or Troop that they are going to school with.

I am lucky in that our school people know me well and know if it relates to scouts (Girl or Boy) they can contact me. We have placed two Girl Scouts and one Boy.(This message has been edited by Lynda J)