not been awarded anything

we were just informed and I am fighting this that the boys are not going to be given their wolf rank that 1/2 the boys have earned already until the crossover in May. The CM told the DL its up to her when they get awarded them mean while the lady that is our DL is actually not our DL she is our ADL but since the DL is more unorganized they the boys are she took over. Can you all tell just how messed up this pack is. We were hoping to more to our new pack that we found after march since we already paid for an outting in march. but what to do if they wont award my son his wolf that he has earned. IM SO D*** CONFUSSED WITH ALL THIS.

Talk to your new Pack's CM & advancement person. Will you be going to their B&G this month? Show the new CM your sons book so he can verify he has all of his requirements signed off for Wolf. Then explain your situation & ask if they can award him his rank.

Has your son received the other badges/patches/loops/pins he earned? Did they award the Bobcat rank yet? The rank badges can usually (some councils are different) only be purchased with the proper documentation from the unit. Any other awards can be purchased by anyone.

If the new CM agrees to purchase & award your son (& any others transfering from your den) any missing rank badges, you can buy the other things yourself. Not the perfect solution, I know, your current Pack should get off their bottoms. However, that way you will not have to wait until the end of March to transfer. Since you already paid for the March event you can always go back just for that.

Obviously this is a very poorly run pack. Apparently no one has gone to any training or read any of the leaders books, or go th Round Table meetings (leaders meeting for all scout leaders in district/county). They are not even following the themes set by National. Februrary is It's a Celebration, ie. 75th anniversary of Cub scouting, and it is when the Blue-Gold is supposed to be held.

Ask you pack leaders if they are really there for the cubs. If they were, they would recieve their awards in a timely manner. Why should a scout work hard to earn his ranks, arrow points, and any elective awards if not going to get them months after they are earned.

Seeing others earn and receive their badges, is supposed to inspire the rest. What will happen if the others do not finish their requirements in May? Will those who earned it not recieve their bobcat and wolf badges, because others did not? It is not a group effort to earn a badge. Otherwise, one kid could do everything and the rest get their badge for doing nothing. That is not fair to anyone. You should bring these questions/statements I've made up to your CM and CC. May be it it will get them in gear.

Does your pack even go to any District or council events? Have overnight camping? go to a baseball game? Take a day trip to science or other museum/place that the boys would be interested in?

If not they need new leadship, or run to a better pack.

Our council sponsors 3 minor league baseball games for the scouts to attend. One game has option to camp out in the outfield of the Stadium - it is a sell out. The cubs will get a patch for participating in a District or Council run event, some of they things they do there may even be counted for badge requirements or electives, in edition to having fun and learning new skills. Go to one of these events and may be find a better pack to join or find some one will to help put your pack back on track.

You should consider calling your council office and talking to your district executive (they are professional scouters) who over see the unit commissioners who are suppose to be helping/monitoring your pack.

If you like the boys and people in general there, not how things are going, volunteer to take over with some others who are of same mind as you to turn it all around. Couuncils and districts have trainers to help you.

have talked to CM she really doesnt care she is leaving, we do also no outtings because she doesnt want to deal with them. most of the parents act like this is something the have to do instead of want to do. i have found a new pack that the boys LOVE to come, and they have fun. i have called council he really wasnt helpful at all, acted like well the CM is leaving and all will be well. well they have no one in line for the job and its to much for me right now and i dont think you are going to change these parents at all.