Time for me to brag!

Me too! My Webelos Den will be crossing over to Boy Scouts at the end of February. Out of 6 boys, 5 will be crossing over!! Woo Hoo!!

(I'd like to think that we had something to do with this!)

Pam Meyer

Pack 4201 Webelos Den Leader

Green Bay, WI

I don't generally brag about my kids, but hey why not?

Daughter - 16, 4.0 student, starting her Girl Scout Gold Award project, received the Congressional Silver Award now working on Gold Award, talented dancer, beautiful (takes after her mom), has incredible focus and drive.

Son - 15, 4.0 student, in the middle of his Eagle project, received Congressional Bronze Award now working on Silver Award, talented athlete, has an amazing sense of humor.

Dog - 11, lays around the house and does very little (takes after her dad).

My one son is three and has a temper sometimes and is loving. He knows how to say please and thank you and I am sorry or "Sorry". I give him a 9.8 for wanting to be read to and when he takes me by the hand to sit with him to watch Blues Clues; it is the best. He has a little kitchen area where he cooks several delicious dishes and he has a Builder Bob play set with several tools. He gets out his saw when we are cutting boards. He has a doctor's kit which he uses to fix our wounds. He has an independent streak that tends to get him into a corner but then he wants to sit on my lap and give me a hug. He generally says, "Picka me up".

My second son is almost one and he has a little temper and he likes to be hugged and held. He is beginning to walk and he calls me, "da da" and the dog, "da da" or something like it. He enjoys going outside and will most likely excel at running around in the yard. He loves dogs and he received a soft little play dog for Christmas that he carries with him. I just put him back into his crib after holding him for the past hour.

It is getting light outside and the sky has a reddish hue to it behind the trees in our "hundred acres woods". I suppose pride is the wrong word to use because I am filled and overflowing with love for those two little boys. That love is a gift from life that I never expected.

FB

I don't think I can brag. I am very thankful that I have a kid that does his best. The report card is mostly B's with the odd A along with the odd C !!

We are going through the "Terrible Teens".

That age when "parents just don't understand" and are mindless morons! But every now and then we his parents are allowed to voice an opinion, on rare occasions we are even allowed to be right.

Still he is a good kid. I give thanks that he is healthy and hasn't fallen in with a bad bunch. I seen so many of the pals that I went to school with try to be so super cool and fall victim to drugs.

I am happy that he seems happy with the way things are. Sure he would be happier if that mean Father had bought him a car for his 16th birthday. But he knew that wasn't going to happen.

Eamonn.