ISO Brag Vest pattern

Does anyone have or know where I can get a patteren for a brag vest we would like to do these are our den meeting. Our Den leaders hert is not really into this but I'm trying to help out and get the kids to do things and have fun.

Thank you so much

Desiree

As a new Den Leader and mom of 3 boys when we started it was very pricey to get us all in uniform.So the short cut I did was make the vests.I got a used vest from another mom with her permission i un did the shoulders. laid it out on a bit of red felt the real heavy stuff traced it.Then just had the boys sew the shoulders.The only difference for the others are the eyelets used to tye the vest closed.These you could add if you want. I got all 3 of my boys done for the price of 1 at the store. Parents were much happier about the cost and we made them in a den meeting.

for us, ...An adult cut the felt(one piece like regulation, minimizes sewing), but the boys machine-sewed the shoulder seams hammered in the graumets and cut the leather lacing.

jd

we couldn't find (afford) wool felt as thick as is used by BSA, but they turned out great!

Our Pack bought a bolt of red felt for $40 and had the Webelo dens make the vests as part of their Craftsman activity.

My son had a vest that we used as a pattern to trace on packaging paper. The boys had a great time doing the activity, and learning to sew the shoulder seam on a machine.

We have been selling the vests at our Pack Meetings for $5 and still able to make money for the Pack.