Roundtable commissioner

There is a book you can get at the scout shop.

Our RTC did the themes every month. You would do the themes a month ahead of time. Being RTC isnt hard but is very time consuming (but what in scouts isn't time consuming). It's like doing a den meeting but for adults.

http://members.aol.com/StanDCmr/newcrtc.html

(This message has been edited by Advancement_Lady)(This message has been edited by Advancement_Lady)

Hey - Congrats to you Fred!

There is a publication called Roundtable Helps that is much like Program Helps. It gives you ideas and activites for each month based on the monthly themes.

You will need to grab a few assistants. Don't do it all yourself! Contact your District Commissioner & your District Training Chair, they will be happy to help.

What have your Roundtables been like so far this year? Were they informative & fun? How has attendance been? What would you like to see change? What would you keep the same? When do you start?

Your answers to these questions should get you going on the right track.

Good Luck!

I'm also a relatively new Boy Scout Roundtable Commissioner; dual hatted as a unit level Scoutmaster. My predecessor gave me the 2-year roundtable plans, and a little continuity stuff. He didn't need a lot of books, since he was a long-time Scouter and RT Commish who was very knowledgeable. The first thing I did was ask my District Commissioner for anything he had that would help me. He didn't have anything, so I presented myself to the council service center, and they opened up their bookcase. I asked for copies of anything that had "commissioner" in the title, and they gave me an armload. Good luck.

KS