Here is one off the web that is pretty good. Its for a CM, but should work just as well for an ACM.

http://my.dmci.net/~dmanchester/Ceremonies/Inductions/CEREMONY_FOR_INSTALLING_A_NEW_CU.htm

Rather than presenting ribbons - maybe spruce it up by presenting gifts to outfit the new leader for life in the scouting trenches (e.g., responsibility - a 'paper' millstone to hang around the neck, knowledge - an encyclopedia volume, hard work - a shovel, etc.)

If you want to add a little humor or light-heartedness, you could have some folks showering him/her with lollipops after each item is presented while yelling 'sucker'. The scouts enjoy it especially when they are released to gather up the lollipops once the ceremony is complete.

(This message has been edited by SemperParatus)

• 1 month later...

I used this ceremony yesterday at our B& G to install our new CM. It was terrific! Instead of using diplomas I attached different items to a ribbon that went around the new CMs neck.

Responsibly was a telephone book sized catalog with the 1000 lbs written on it

Knowledge was a graduation cap

Hard work was a hard hat

Enthusiasm was a Sponge Bob stick puppet

Gratification was a back scratcher.

Admiration was a stuffed bear with a big heart held between its hands.

As the symbols of his office we used our Pack flag and a campaign hat. Each was presented to him by one of his sons. So there he stood in the front of the room with all this stuff hanging around his neck, the pack flag in one hand and a too big campaign hat on his head.

I chose not to do the lolly pops, I wasn't comfortable with the kids yelling "sucker".

This was a good one, thanks SP.

from, Ceremonies for an ACM:

Bring ACM front and center but below the stage level.

Light seven candles on the stage above his/her head, turn the lights down low.

Turn background music up to just below speaking threshold- something military and slow.

Have two dens flank the ACM and begin humming along with the tune.

The CM uses the P.A. to tell about the duties of the ACM and how they relate to his/her duty seven days a week, one for each candle.

Have second boom box use a recorded fly over that is turned up at the crescendo of the song.

The house lights are brought back up.

The Dens of the Pack do a march by with their Den flags a fluttering, saluting as they pass and throwing blue and gold confetti on the new ACM while wildly cheering him/her.

The lights are fully back on as the last Scout marches by and hands the new ACM a broom.

The CM puts out the first candle and say, "Day one".

FB(This message has been edited by Fuzzy Bear)