Flag Ceremony, U.S. Flag

I have a technical question concerning the American Flag used in a ceremony. For an upcoming Eagle C.O.H., I wanted to have a flag corp., as we usually do. However, this time, I wanted to bring in the state, troop, and pack flags first, and post them on stage. Then, the American Flag will be brought in with a drum cadence, then a soloist singing the national anthem. Is is okay to bring in the other flags before the American???

I'm not an expert. However, as you seem to know already, it is not normally acceptable to have any other flag paraded or posted before the US flag. The US flag is always brought in first (and held higher than others), unless you are participating in some sort of international event.(This message has been edited by Rooster7)

Per the flag equitte book available from American Legion or VFW posts, the American Flag must be first in and last out or at the same time as the others. It cannot be proceeded by other flags on American soil at presentation.

I would have the American flag with the described ceremony come all the way to the stage and then have the other flags follow only when the American flag is on the stage. You might have the soloist sing before presentation of the other flags. I think that would make an impressive presentation.