A single Bear

Yes, but I've no reference for you. This was suggested to us during roundtable I believe when the pack had low numbers in some dens. It worked well. However, the Bears and Wolfs each had their own number and leader; they simply met together due to small numbers.

CC,

I don't know the rule, but I'd do it!

Go ahead and do the research, and figure out what rules you're using or breaking, but make it work!

Good Luck!! I hope the parent and Cub are as interested in success as you are!

jd

ps>>Try sending a PM to specific Scouter who you generally trust as knowledgeable.

Kristi,

I agree with John,if it means that you would lose the boy then find a home for him, if the den leader is okay with it and will help him with his Bear. I am pretty sure there are no regs covering this situation, some in here might suggest going out and recruiting some Bear age boys. The most important thing is making sure the boy gets his Bear program, even if it is slightly modified. I am sure Bob will be happy to give you his take if he disagrees with John and I. Keep the light burning for your boys Kristi.(This message has been edited by BadenP)

Well, since I am the current Wolf Leader I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. My son and I have recruited several boys for Wolves from his friends and classmates at school but I wouldn't know where to start to get some Bears. Our Scout Night didn't work as the paperwork kept getting lost so we had very few boys show up to sign up. Even some existing memebers of my den didn't know when it was. Could you give me any ideas on getting some more bears? Should I just put on my uniform and go class to class at school handing out some info to interested boys? Should I ask the current bear to join me?

Kristi

CC,

If the school will let you do that - by all means go for it. Having Scouts along is a fine idea, or just put together a "science fair" display of all the cool stuff your Scouts are doing!!!

As long as you're planning a tour, stop by the churches and civic orgs.!

jd

It is never to late to hold another recruitment night. Talk to your Cubmaster and Committee Chair. Have them contact your DE. I'm sure your council could still have flyers printed up for you. My DE is more than happy to do classroom talks (if the school allows them) at anytime, I bet yours would be too!

Good Luck!

Another idea - If your school allows you to send flyers thru school, invite the boys in grades 1-5 to your next Pack meeting.

Make sure it's full of hands on stuff, songs and audience participation. If the families have fun they WILL join!