Leadership Jealousy

As has already been stated - Tiger Cub dens have only a den leader, no assistant. They are to be using shared leadership with the Tiger Cub partners. That is the way the Tiger Cub den is run.

It sounds like the pack you have joined is doing their own "thing" rather than following the Cub Scouting program.

I think I would do as some of the others have suggested - step back and do this year as just a Tiger Cub partner. I would do this just to see if this is the pack for you and your son. There are other packs out there. Don't be afraid to check them out.

First off, I agree with everyone on the fact that yes Tiger Cub dens use shared leadership with the Adult Partners. But there is also nothing that says you cannot have an Assistant Den Leader for the Tiger Cubs. I have one again this year.

What this does is ensure that you have more than 1 trained leader helping the Adult partners follow the program.

As some would say training is vital to a good program.

CMF

They register as an Assistant Den Leader. Just put in DA in the code box and write Assistant Den Leader. If you do that, the person will be registered. I don't know that they'll recive Program Helps in their Scouting Magazine, but at least they'll be registered.

I think previous posters got confused. There is a way to register as an assistant webelos den leader, and a cub scout assistant den leader -- but Tiger Cubs are not broken into their own group.

I think that's a good thing. Tiger Cubs are Cub Scouts.

Unc.

As UNC said you register them as an Assistant Den Leader, it is not specific on which den they assist with. The more important fact about all this is that you will have 2 trained leaders in the Tiger Den to assist the parents with the shared leadership.

And yes, Tigers are Cub Scouts!!!!!

CMF