• 6 years later...

Lean-To-8-W 8x8 water repellent 165.00

Lean-To-8-M 8x8 marine finshed 195.00

Lean-T--8-F 8x8 flame resistant 235.00

Those aren't the prices I find. Is there a discount somewhere that I'm not seeing?

(This message has been edited by jet526)

d'oh!

still $325 for the flame resistant is better than I've seen for a baker from anyone else.

Of course the nicest thing about the baker is having a nice fire out front, which is against G2SS.(This message has been edited by jet526)

Now, there was a style of tent , like the Baker, open at the front, but sides that slanted in to two poles that were beside the front "door", which could be tied out like a porch roof. I think it was called "Camper"?

SSS Scout; I do believe you are correct...My old troop from '69-'74 used "campers" and "explorers"...both canvas duck tents. And both were very heavy and that old school blue-green color. The "explorer" model used a "T" upright to support the tent...using it meant you and your tentmate had better get it staked and guyed out right (it also ensured some one could drop your tent in relatively quick time...usually with you and your buddy in it..)

BW-

Flammability Warning

No tent material is completely fireproof. It can burn when exposed to continued, intense heat or fire. The most important safeguard is to keep flames away from canvas materials. For this reason, the following safety precautions are emphasized:

Only flashlights and electric lanterns are permitted in tents. No flames in tents is a rule that must be enforced.

Never use liquid-fuel stoves, heaters, lanterns, lighted candles, matches, and other flame sources in or near tents.

Do not pitch tents near an open fire.

Do not use flammable chemicals near tentscharcoal lighter or spray cans of paint, bug killer, or repellent.

Be careful when using electricity and lighting in tents.

Always extinguish cooking campfires promptly.

Obey all fire laws, ordinances, and regulations.

#1 would seem to prevent a fire from being built under the awning, which is about the best spot if you are using it for warmth. #3 does not say how close "near" is. The SMHB says they should be "well away". If you use the 5 foot rule that applies to vegetation (BSHB) then the closest you could place the fire it about 11ft from the enclosed part of the tent. It would take a large fire to provide much heat at that distance.

Oddly enough, I've not seen the OA be told not to build fires in their tee pees--but that could be a local thing.