Wolf Requirement 2F

In my experiences with Scouting, seeing any skill no matter how outstandingly performed is not the same as doing that skill no matter how poorly attempted.

I would expose your Cubs to a well done flag ceremony or two, and then help them do what they have seen. Only after they have done the ceremony themselves would I sign off the requirement.

• 1 month later...

Balding Eagle -

We try to have our Wolves meet Thumper's standard as well. Observing isn't participating, for us, for this particular requirement. I doubt it's the only answer, but it's ours. If in doubt, and desperate to give our boys the opportunity to meet this requirement, I'd open a Den meeting outside in the yard. Participating in a simpler ceremony better fits our view of 2f, than observing a complicated formal ceremony performed by someone else. (Though, I also agree with Thumper on having them observe well done ceremonies.)

jd

(This message has been edited by johndaigler)

Do all the boys go to the same elementary school? If so, why not see if they can all come early one morning and help raise the flag at school? Maybe on a day when they would have a den meeting/pack meeting anyway, and they can wear their uniform to school? (recruiting and recognition)