Another twist to the question:

I'm registered as an ASM in #1 son's troop and I proudly wear the uniform. #2 son just joined another troop and SM has asked me to help out as an ASM, when able. What about wearing both troop numbers on one uniform so I never brain-slip and wear the wrong one to a meeting? (Please try to control the laughter -- this is going to be hard enough as it is, so I'm looking for options to simplify in any way possible.)

Mike F.,

Unless you feel you would be slighting your #2 son by not wearing his troops numerals on a shirt, keep the originals. You should register with both units with your #1 son's as primary.(I only choose #1's because you were there first) You help as you can and the boys in the second troop should be able to understand that. What would you wear if both troops attended a District function?

The important thing to remember is that we are volunteers in the organization. No one can fore you even to wear a uniform. If you want only one uniform, that is your choice. If you want several to reflect your involvement, that also is your choice.

Personally, I have two, a tan BS shirt and a green Venturing shirt, both outfited with ADC insignia, since that is my primary registered position. When I am representing the CO as COR, I wear my American Legion uniform.

• 4 weeks later...

Feathers,

I am in need of a adult XL or LT for a scout. He is a tall lad.We are having a Court of honor soon and then off to Summer camp. Can you help?

Thanks in advance,

Tim Dyer

Troop & Pack 56