Rushing the wolf badge???

When my older boys were Wolves, we started in September and they mostly earned the rank by December.

I don't think there is anything wrong with rushing it as long as you are not burning them out. On the other hand I don't think it sounds like you are rushing it. hang in there!!

• 2 months later...

wow, that must be an impresive den. I completely agree with you on getting the badges of rank to them as soon as possible without rushing them. When I was in Tiger Cubs my den leader had the same outlook as your cubmaster about not thinking that it was possible to get everything done in under 6 months as a result myself and about half the den dropped out after about 2 months of being told that we where going to fast. I regret that decision that I made every time that I look at another Scout or Scouter that earned the AOL and I wish the program enthusisim would have been there. Keep up the good work.

YIS,

S-N

Disclaimer: the question has been posed and answered and the action taken for a successful outcome.

This is a personal note: As an adult, I still have my Wolf book. It has my Mother's signature where she signed me off on the requirements as I completed them. There are a few of the items that I have long been thinking about doing again. The wood projects especially are of interest. Of course, I have gained a few skills since then to add to the basic construction and most likely nobody will recognize that it came from the Wolf requirements after completion but that will be the origin.

I joined Cub Scouting in May and received my Wolf in December of 1957. I guess somebody was watching out for me too.

FB

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is way late but here it is anyway. i have been a den leader for 4 years and am now a leader of 5th grade Webelos. All my boys in all my dens have made rank by our FEBUARY Blue and Gold. My Father has been in Scouts since 1967 and agrees that in order not to lose boys they must have reconition. For some of these boys this is the only thing they achive in. I have had one boy who was in Special Ed and several who have ADHD and i have been able to keep them motivated by the pride in getting up in front of others to be acknowledged for having pasted another milestone. Sure you finish the rank thy then but the book is full of Electives. As a Wolf we finished our rank and had 2 arrowpoints by then. I have also found tath as most parents work that they do not have time to do some of the requirements at home. All my parents had to sit with their boy and work on them in the den meetings. Some of course had to be done at home but I found that by involving the parnet it usually got done.

Rmember this is for the boys to have fun and feel good about themselves, and that is achieved by advancements!!!

Thank you for the motivation and you are so right! It was wonderful to hear of your experience and how it is going with you! The boys received their wolf badge and we are now working on bear .. YEAH! These boys love this and so do I and that's all that matters! Thanks again!