Dessert Anyone?

We are having a dessert contest at our B & G dinner, males only no help from mothers. Does anyone have a simple dessert recipe that a tiger could do with a little help from Dad?

Im not looking for a winning recipe. I just want my son to participate.

Thanks in Advance!

Take small puff pastries or doughnut holes and stack them into a mountain, as high as they will stack. Use Coolwhip as mortar to glue them together. Drizzle the hole thing with chocolate syrup, the shell type that gets hard when refrigerated. You can make it into a mountain or volcano, whatever.

Hi Tiger_Dad!

How about a Pinch Cake or as i like to call it "Monkey Brains" ;). It's really easy, and will be fun for your son!

3 cans (10ct.) biscuits

1c sugar

1T cinnamon

1/4 lb butter

1c brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, cut biscuits into quarters. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a ziplock bag, coat all the biscuit pieces. This is the fun part for your son, tell him to shake it up! Butter a 1 piece tube pan, and place the coated pieces in it.

Melt butter and brown suger until dissolved, pour over pieces. Cook 30-min. Turn over onto a plate (letting syrup run down sides...YUM!). Voila! pinch off pieces and enjoy.

You may want to make 2 of them, one to bring, and one to eat at home because you won't be able to resist eating it :).

Sparkie

Who can resist Dirt Pudding? Tasty, fun, and easy too!

3 cups cold milk

2 pkgs.(4 serving size)Instant Pudding, Chocolate or Vanilla

1 tub (12 oz)COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed

1 pkg. (16 oz.) Chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed HINT: Crush cookies in zipper-style plastic bag with rolling pin or in food processor.

MAKE pudding as directed on package using 3 cups milk; let stand 5 minutes.

STIR 3 cups of the whipped topping and of the crushed cookies into the pudding OR alternate layers of crushed cookies and pudding/whipped topping.

SPOON into 13" x 9" dish. Sprinkle with remaining crushed cookies. Refrigerate 1 hour.

The best way to serve this is in a new, x-large, clean, plastic flower pot. Line pot with foil. Add some gummy worms inside the dirt, crawling on top and hanging over edge of the pot. Get a new plastic flower sized to fit the pot, sanitize the stem and insert in the dirt. Serve with a new, clean, garden trowel.

Have fun!

Dump cake is another easy one

Dump Cake

1 pkg. Yellow Cake Mix

1 can Cherry Pie Filling

1 (20 oz.) can Crushed Pineapple

3/4 C. Margarine

1 C. chopped Pecans or Walnuts

Cool Whip

Lightly grease bottom and sides of a 9" by 13" cake pan. Place cherry pie filling on bottom, dump pineapple and juice on top. Sprinkle cake mix. Do not mix !!! Melt margarine and drizzle over cake mix and cover with pecans. Bake at 325 degrees F., for about an hour. When cool top with Cool Whip.

I've substituted the yellow cake with chocolate cake and black berries and raspberries for the cherries and pineapple.... Scouts call that mix Bear dump cake ;-)

Hi,

Mrs. Big Dog made something the other day that was a big hit called mini-burgers. This won't sound like a receipe but here goes:

Take vanilla frosting and mix in a little yellow food dye.

Take some coconut and mix in a little green food dye.

Take two vanilla wafers and put a little icing (which now looks like mustard) on the flat side of each.

Put a chocolate thin mint on one wafer and a little coconut (which now looks like lettuce) on the other.

Stick the two wafers together.

This really looks like a hamburger but has a great taste. And it's finger food which goes over pretty well at a blue/gold.

BD

Seven-Layer Bars are always good - my kids help me make them all the time!

Melt a stick of butter - mix with 1 cup graham cracker crumbs and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Press into a thin layer in the bottom of a greased 9x13 cake pan. (That was the hard part!)

Now sprinkle on 1 cup each chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, mini marshmallows, and flaked coconut. Pour a can of sweetened condensed milk over everything, then top with 1 cup of chopped walnuts. Bake at 325 for 20-30 minutes.

(A pan of these make great teacher gifts too!)

Thanks everyone for the great dessert ideas. I am printing them out and keeping them for future reference.

Our B&G was this afternoon. We opted for the dirt pudding this year. I didnt have time to get the pot and etc. Nonetheless it came out great. Everyone received a certificate based on their dessert. We received the most earthy certificate.

Thank you all for enabling me to spend some quality time with my son. He had fun making the dessert and even more fun eating it.