Rules for Youth Staff @ Cub Day Camp

And it's not really a book, it's an 8-page pamplet printed on yellow paper. The name of it is "2003 National Standards for Local Council Accreditation of Cub Scout/Webelos Scout Day Camps for Pre-Camp and Opperational Accreditation."

I'm sure a committee must have come up with that name.

Found it! There is one other book, CS Day Camp Administrative Guide for Local Councils, (sometimes called the "Frog Book" because an old version had a boy and a frog on the cover). In the personnnel section, it lists "Program Aide" and says, "The program aide shall be a capable Life or Eagle Scout or Venturer at least 14 years of age and able to demonstrate and teach outdoor skills to Cub Scouts."

We don't use anyone called a "program aide" which sounds like they are responsible for running a program area like nature or games. We use all adults in theses area. The Boy Scouts we use are more generally gofers and don't have any real program responsibility. However that's mostly because the Boy Scouts we get are 14 or younger. If we could recruit any 15-17 y.o. Scouts, I'm sure we could use them in more responsible positions.

By the way, this book also lists the position of den chief with a 14 y.o. age requirement, but no rank. Like DS said eariler, den chief who are attending camp with their natural, year-round den, can bu under 14,

Program Aide, as Twocubdad points out, is a different position than den chief or any other staff postition. The staff requirement is 14 years of age . . . no rank implied or required. The standard before that, I believe M44 says that all staff must be registered members of the BSA, but again no rank requirement.