Tracking Belt Loops & Pins on the Pack Level??

I am searching for a form to track Cub Scout Belt Loops & Pins on the pack level. I have downloaded the tracker spreadsheet from the Virtual Leaders handbook - but do not have Excel - so I can only look at this spreadsheet.

What I would eally like to do is track these on a PACK level. Whenever we have a gym night, to work on a specific beltloop, we get this -- "My scout already has that one." -- or "We did that one the year before last."

I know that I will not be able to make everyone happy at these gym nights, but would like to be able to glance at a chart or form and see which beltloops would be productive to work on on these evenings.

The BSA reporting forms are useful on the den level and I am filling these in to be able to glance at each den individually, but am really looking for something on the pack level.

Anyone got anything that would be useful?

Am I missing some really obvious form somewhere??

Any advice or helps greatly appreciated!

THANKS!

Darlene

Pack 234

Lowell, IN

(Webelos mom, Tiger Leader, Committee advancement Chair)

I use the regular advancment report spread sheet to keep a running total of what the boys earn. I do this on the computer, but you could do the same thing on paper. Coloring the boxes with a marker, instead of just checking them off, makes it easier to see at a glance where the most unworked territory is.

For the whiners in the Pack, I'd tell them they can either sit quietly in a corner while everyone else participates in the activities, or they can jump in, have a good time with the other boys and not worry about earning the belt loop. Remind them, however, that the Webelos are required to earn some belt loops AS WEBELOS as requirements for some of the activity pins. So repeating the requirements is not necessarily a bad thing.

Check out ScoutTrack.com. We're using it for the first year for our pack and it includes the loops and pins. I think it's great because, as the advancement chair, it allows me to easily generate both consolidated reports (for picking up the awards) and individual reports (for handing out awards during the pack meeting).(This message has been edited by CubsRgr8)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yup, 2 words (might be one) Pack Master! It's worth it! I am an Advance Chr., too and I don't think I could live without this program. I have also made a copy for all my Den Leaders which eases the record keeping for them as well. In addition to the Pack Master/Den Master program, it's a good idea to have a Wall Chart so the boys can see how they're doing as well.

Couldn't you just get a couple of those tracking posters from the catalogue? or maybe one for each level of scouting for the pack? Webelos, wolf, bear, tiger.... Then when the boys crossed over, you wouldn't have to pull out just a few of the boys from the list - the whole list would have moved on.