Tiger Cub Safari

I am interested in providing a Tiger Cub activity within our district and have seen references to a Tiger Safari on several Scouting Web sites. I would like to hear from anyone who has been involved in planning one about what activities, games, crafts, etc. were offered, whether it was during the day or an overnight and when it was held during the tiger year (Sept. - May). Thanks!

I didn't plan one, but did attend one! It was held on Saturday, October 5, at Drumlin Farm in Lincoln, MA. This was the first one that the Patriot District (of the Minuteman Council) had done, so there were a few glitches along the way, but the boys had a ball. They were broken up into groups and each group did an activity, then they switched. Activities that I can remember included: feeding the chickens and letting them outside (and gathering eggs); pulling carrots in the garden and learning about seeds; digging for worms in the compost bin and learning about compost/recycling; carding wool; and something about "other" farmyard animals (mice, snakes, owls, etc.). It was about a two-hour program. Along the way the boys also managed to satisfy three or four of the Tiger electives, so that was an unexpected bonus. And they got a cool patch. :)