Ideas for December pack mtg

This page has links to a few different sources of games, skits and crafts based on the monthly theme.

http://www.arkie.net/scouting/Training/Roundtable/Handouts/

One game we played last year that the boys loved was "Santa's Boots Relay". Get shoeboxes (shoe stores will give these to you) and spray paint them black. Line up in a couple of rows for a relay race. Each boy puts his feet (keep his shoes on) into two boxes and must shuffle across the room and back. Then the next boy does the same.

You can also call them "snowshoes". You don't really have to paint them. Make sure to get some BIG boxes, some of the boys have big feet and big shoes.

Our December meeting is always a Holiday Party. Groups of the Scouts go caroling at area nursing homes, then we all meet back at the hall for pizza and fun. We generally have some sort of entertainment (a clown, a juggler, Yo-Yo Man, something like that) and try to focus on just having a good time. Families are invited, and the Pack pays. This year we're asking people to bring a plate of holiday goodies to share for dessert. It's great. :)

The pack will spend some time in a service project writing holiday greetings to the troops stationed in Afganistan. To balance that rather sedate activity, we'll be having a "snowball" relay, using plastic teaspoons and cottonballs.

Here's one we have used - just a little skit with a whipped cream pie. The Boys LOVED getting to smear their den leader!!

THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS

Characters: "Bob" the den leader, 12 Cub Scout friends (if den has less than 12 boys, have them repeat their entrance on stage)

Props: Items called for in skit on a table (use your imagination to create wilder items)

Setting: Bob is standing by table with props. As each boy enters, he hands him the appropriate item.

Cub 1: On the first day of Christmas my good friend gave to me -- a knob to adjust my TV. Thanks Bob!

Bob: You're welcome!

(Each cub takes items and exits. Then next cub enters from opposite side of stage)

Cub 2: On the second day of Christmas my good friend gave to me -- two napkins. Thanks Bob.

Bob: You bet!

Cub 3: On the third day of Christmas my good friend gave to me -- three french fries. Thanks Bob!

Bob: No problem!

Cub 4: On the fourth day of Christmas my good friend gave to me -- four comic books. Thanks Bob!

Bob: Glad to do it!

Cub 5: On the fifth day of Christmas my good friend gave to me -- five rusty nails. Thanks Bob!

Bob: Don't mention it!

Cub 6: On the sixth day of Christmas my good friend gave to me -- six greasy rags. Thanks Bob!

Bob: OK!

Cub 7: On the seventh day of Christmas my good friend gave to me -- seven soggy sweatshirts. Thanks Bob!

Bob: Yeah, you're right!

Cub 8: On the eighth day of Christmas my good friend gave to me -- eight mugs for milk shakes. Thanks Bob!

Bob: Give me five! (does high five with Cub 8)

Cub 9: On the ninth day of Christmas my good friend gave to me -- nine dirty dustpans. Thanks Bob!

Bob: Cool dude!

Cub 10: On the tenth day of Christmas my good friend gave to me -- ten leaping lizards. Thanks Bob!

Bob: Check you later!

Cub 11: On the eleventh day of Christmas my good friend gave to me -- eleven pies for pitching. Thanks Bob! (A pie plate full of whipped cream can actually be thrown at Bob here -- if you like!)

Bob: (Wiping off whipped cream) That's what friends are for!

Cub 12: On the twelfth day of Christmas my good friend gave to me -- twelve dump trucks dumping. Thanks Bob!

Bob: Bye pal! (last cub exits, table is cleared of all props) Now let's see. That was (singing) twelve dump trucks dumping, eleven pies for pitching, ten leaping lizards, nine dirty dustpans, eight mugs for milk shakes, seven soggy sweatshirts, six greasy rags, FIVE RUSTY NAILS, four comic books, three french fries, two napkins and a knob to adjust my TV (looks at audience and wipes brow). Whew! I finally did it. I finally got my closet cleaned out!

Have good holidays!!

Darlene

Pack 234, Lowell, IN

Webelos Mom

Tiger Leader

Advancement Chair(This message has been edited by redfrecklemom)

Our pack had each scout bring an ornament for the tree. We also bought gifts for kids at a church home so the representative from that organization came to collect the gifts. Each den earned their own money and bought their own gifts. We also had a pinata, Santa came and handed out candycanes and pinewood derby cars and then of course lots of holiday cookies and punch!

• 2 weeks later...

OUr pack does the "Santa delivering the Pinewood Derby cars", but we also have each child (including siblings) bring a wrapped gift worth about $5. Then we play bingo until each child wins one of the wrapped gifts. We've had to allow several winners (up to 10) per game to keep from dragging it out too long. Last year we allowed 2nd-time winners to pick a cheap plastic prize out of a bag in order to keep everyone busy until everyone won something.

It turned out to be a pretty exciting event for the kids.

• 2 months later...