An Achievements-focused website?

I've scoured the net for scouting info, and am pleased that I found this site. But the Holy Grail seems to be a site that would recommend different approaches to the various achievements.

For example, my next Wolf den meeting is on the Choices achievement. It sure would be nice to have a handy hitlist of recommendations to successfully run that particular meeting.

Has anyone seen such a site?

Thank you!

John

In over 2 years of searching the web for various Cub Scout sources, I have never seen such.

Your best source is Progam Helps, but realize the BSA does not expect you to spend every meeting on Achievements and they don't cover every achievement within a given year of Program Helps.

Most of the Wolf and Bear achievements should be done at home.

The Bear's have a similiar achievement. I thought of writing the scenarios on index cards, the boys would take turns drawing out a card, I would read it out loud and that boy has the first chance to answer it. Or maybe you could do like a "college bowl", divide the team into two dens and alternate asking questions of the teams. Of course everyone is a winner and gets a sticker or snack.

It would be great to have such a website! Let us know when you get it up & running (ha! ha!). In addition to the previously-mentioned resources I would add this Forum. It has become a wealth of ideas for my den activities!

We covered the Choices achievements a couple of weeks ago. I typed up on separate sheets 4 out of 9 of the scenarios from the Handbook, divided the boys into 4 pairs, teamed them with a parent & distributed the scenarios. (This was an opportunity to break up some of the rowdy best buddies!)

Each team discussed their assigned scenario & wrote down their response(s). After about 10 mins., everyone regrouped & each team read aloud their assigned problem & resolution. We were able to cover a lot of ground in a short amount of time & it was good to get several parents involved.

Actually Laura, I do web design as a hobby, maybe this would be a good long-term project to fiddle with. If someone can provide the domain, I'll start building. What may actually work best/fastest is to have a message board like this one, divided up into each level of scouting, then by achievement.

Thanks for your suggestions both of you, they got me off to a good start on planning the meeting.

Not a whole lot out there for Wolves -- but a few funpages on Pack 114's website.

However, if you move up with your den, bookmark 114's website. Barb Stephen's has made up fun pages pertaining to EVERY Webelos activity badge. I ran across these last year and my husband has used them with his Webelos this year. he used them as den meeting activities and sends some home as "homework". They have really helped enhance his Webelos program! Check it out at:

http://www.creighton.edu/~bsteph/pack114/funpages/index.html

These guys have a WONDERFUL website and FULL library of resources for all of us to "glean" from!!

Darlene

Pack 234, Lowell, IN

Webelos Mom

Tiger Leader

Advancement Chair

Hi John:

If you are interested, Scouter.com hosts no-cost sites for units. Please see http://www.scouter.com/hosting/ for details. Doing a search via the NetCompass, I found this page on Scouter.com that has references to other low- or no-cost hosting: http://www.bsa-gnyc.org/member/freepgs.htm

When your site is up and running, please let us know the URL.

Keep on Scoutin' ora