earning religous awards

Can a boy earn a protestant (christian based) religous award when they do not have a formal church home and therefor not a pastor? The family is christian and they are looking for a church home but have yet to find one they like.

Also, can the parents or leaders earn an award for going through the program with the boys?

Thanks

momandscout

Some institutions require the participants to be members of the institution, others do not. Chech out www.praypub.org/main_frameset.htm

This is the website for PRAY. You can pull up your institution and find out the requirements.

Doug

The "religious award" is NOT a BSA award. It is awarded by various religious denominations. Therefore, if you do not go through a particular denomination, you don't earn one. No tickee, no laundry.

Adults as well can earn the award (with different requirements, most have age based requirements).

Actually, there is a course a parent can take along with their scout. The adult program is called Mentor, and has requirements and workbook, etc. I got mine when my son was working on his religious emblem. The nominated award is a different thing entirely.

Some churches may require church membership, others will not. For the boy in question, have the parents and son talk to the pastor of the church they most like. He may indeed be willing to do this. Also, if your CO is a church that pastor is most likely williing to counsel this project.