Parent ribbon with leader uniform?

I posted this already under "uniforming", but decided it probably belongs here. Does anyone wear their parent ribbon (parent pins) with their leader uniform at pack meetings?

I already know it's not a proper part of the uniform. Just curious what people think. Could it be worn as a temporary patch?

I'm with sctmom. I'm a den leader & as well as the only parent in our family who can attend Scout functions with my son. If I'm at a Scout function, I'm always in uniform. I wear my brag ribbon at Pack Meetings & District Meetings. I choose not to wear the ribbons for Den Meetings because it's one less thing to have dangling around my neck while chasing down my rowdy boys. As I told one of my fellow leaders, if I don't wear my ribbon at Pack Meetings, then when would I? At the grocery store? My ribbon is slowly growing with my son. It has 2 rank pins plus the BSA Family Pin.

My Pack has several proud moms in leadership, and we're in uniform adorned with our ribbons. Fortunately, our Pack "uniform police" is kind to us & no one has even raised an eyebrow.

There are no uniform police. The BSA relies on the honor and integrity of its volunteers to follow the policies of uniforming (unless you use the uniform for commercial endorsement or in a dishonorable fashion, at which time rather than send uniform police they send lawyers).

Bob White

This is a bad question for either Bob White or I to answer because even thought they are properly called "parent pins" the mothers usually abscond with the pins and the fathers don't have to worry (or don't get to worry) about if they can wear them on their uniform proper.

{Smile everyone I am joking!!}(This message has been edited by acco40)

Love the jokes!

I just asked my husband if he wanted to wear it for the next pack meeting, and he said "No, I don't think so..."

"Parent pin" is the P.C. term...we all know they're mom pins! But, if we have a single dad in our pack,we sure wouldn't want to tell his son to present him

with the "mom pin!"

We did have a single dad in our pack. Our pack didn't do the parent's pin except for Arrow of Light, so we didn't do ribbons either. At the AOL ceremony, the boys were told something along the line of "turn around and hand this pin to your parents, give them a big hug and say I love you." I think the single dad and his son sort of hugged. My son touched my arm. LOL