Monthly themes 02-30

I just wanted to pass on to new and old pack leaders, resources that are incredibly helpful in implementing and running a fun, successful program.

1. Get Trained

2. Program Helps for 02 -03 should be available at the scout shop

3. Pow Wow Books (online you can find them at www.macscouter.com and to toot my own horn www.cnjcpowwow.org.) Your council or a neighboring council should have available information on their own pow wows.

4. Round Table - cover the theme a month a head of time. (Oct. theme will be covered in Sept.) There are normally tons of handouts at these meetings. All districts are to run a RT. If you do not know about, contact your unit commissioner, or district commissioner or district executive.

5. Online the best resource I have found is Baloo's Bugle @ www.usscouts.org

I hope you find these useful. Since I am always looking for more material for the CSRT, let me know of other places to look.

I know that my suggestion may not be appropriate for everyone depending on time constraints but I have had found that being involved in district and council committees has been the biggest eye-opener and resource for me. I am meeting people outside of my troop and in the case of council committees, outside of my district. It's nice to hear new ideas and sometimes confirmation that what I'm doing IS RIGHT!

And you're right on about getting trained. I have tried to get trained as much as possible. Sometimes the trainings seemed mundane but the networking time with other leaders was invaluable.