World Conservation Award

I'm excited that many of my scouts have expressed an interest in working towards the Cub Scout World Conservation Award. I've distributed the requirements to their den leaders, but have a question.... are their any quidelines as to what qualifies as a Pack Conservation Project? Our pack has done neighborhood/school ground clean-ups, etc., do those count? Also, does anyone have a link to a black & white pic of the award patch for "clipping" into our pack newsletter? Thanks.

-John Young, Cubmaster

Middle TN Council Pack 60

We volunteered time with the local watershed assoc. for a stream enbankment project to help control erosion. The kids got to get messy and helped the environment and earned a badge - everyone won.

• 2 weeks later...

The nieghborhood cleanup and such would count towards the award. Any project that benifits the community, as far as the environment goes, counts. When I was a cub, we planted about 100 pine trees. The wolf den in my pack just cleaned up an outdoor amphitheatre from trash and debris as part of their project.

For the most part, it is up to the Cubmaster and other adult leaders as to what counts, but if you have any questions, I would ask your DE ot unit Commissioner.

Tim Dyer