I need ideas for Blue & Gold activity page

I am in charge of the Blue and Gold this year. I need to put an activity page inside the program agenda like the pack has done each year. Something like a word search, puzzle, trivia, whatever. Any suggestions of where I can find this type of thing? Thanks!!

I made my own Word Find one year for the Blue & Gold. I had a freeware/shareware disk with a variety of puzzle making programs. I have also made crossword puzzles. If I bought it I could have done a lot more. You might want to do a search for such a program on the web.

You can also make your own word search using your word processor. Using the table function would probably make it easier to line up letters correctly. Type in the words you want to use then add miscellaneous letters around them to hide them.

I used words associated with Scouts and the Blue & Gold. All the kids loved it and it reduced some of the running around that we didn't have space for!

Hope this helps. If I can find my disk (haven't used it in a long time) I'll try to get you more information.

Melodee

• 2 weeks later...

Last year our pack did a sheet that had "find a person who ......" questions. Make sure you have someone in the crowd who fits each question. The boys get people to sign for ONE thing they meet the criteria for.

Questions can be like

Is an Eagle Scout

Was in Scouting in the 1960's

Is a fireman

Is a school teacher

Earned the Lion Badge (that tells their age..lol)

Has owned a horse

Is a pilot

Works with computer on their job

It keeps the kids busy and makes them walk up and talk to adults.

Sctmom:

I like your suggestion. Unfortunately, our pack held it's B&G in a pretty tight space. We were always looking for ways to keep the kids seated, not milling around!

Seems like your idea would work nicely at a district roundup if Boy Scouts (and others) are included. We're actually looking to get our Boy Scouts more involved in our cub scout round ups so I may incorporate this activity.

Melodee