New SCOUTER Forum Features

• Administrators

As you can see, we have been introducing a few new features to the SCOUTER Forums recently. I hope everyone finds these features helpful, and we're still working on a few more tricks that will continue to improve the Forums over the next couple of weeks (including private, member to member messaging).

Specifically, two repairs have been made, and I would appreciate your testing and feedback:

1) We have fixed (we think) the problems some were having

with editing posts (which you have to do within an hour

of making the post). Please let us know if you are still

having problems with that feature.

2) We have also (we think) fixed the problems some were

having with editing your profiles... we encourage you

to complete your personal profile if you would like to

share information with other members.

Are there any other requests or suggestions for improving the Forums?

TERRY HOWERTON

SCOUTER.com Publisher

Still can't edit my posts immediately after posting them. :(

Says I have an invalid membership.

Also, what's the trick to reading the headlines. I get some error message saying I don't have authorization everytime I try to read the news stories.

Same as sctmom I cannot edit immediately after sending as it doesn't recognise my password.

Also the edit doesn't give access to the check box requesting notification of replies to my post.

I can't edit my profile OR edit my messages :(

This is the message I get when trying to edit my profile:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]

Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '='. 

/members/modify/public_profile.asp, line 60

(This message has been edited by AdvanceOn)

Eagle90 says:

What's with all the

all of a sudden in the posts? It makes reading very difficult and distracting. Can you get rid of them?

I am sure they are trying to get rid of them. Obviously what is happening is that the forum software has suddenly forgotten how to read html tags and is just printing them as regular characters. Even if you don't use the html tags on purpose, when you hit "enter" between paragraphs, the forum software turns it into (pointy bracket) br (other pointy bracket), which it then reads to put a space between the paragraphs. So everybody is using html tags whether they know it or not, and when the software forgets what they are... well, it's a mess. (It will be interesting to see what happens to the bracket-br-brackets you intentionally typed in when the problem is fixed.)

• Administrators

Yes, we're addressing these problems now. Apparently "fixes" that we've been making recently were posted to the live server too early, and have caused a few other problems.

Please be patient.

Thanks.

TERRY HOWERTON

Publisher, SCOUTER.com

• Administrators

OK, I think most of the bugs have been worked out. You'll notice several new features:editing posts worksediting your profile worksyou can subscribe to a thread and receive emails when new posts are made without having to post a message yourself (and unsubscribe yourself from monitoring a thread)you can link to specific posts (copy shortcut from the paperclip icon above a post)you can view other's profilesyou can see the total number of posts of other membersand how long they have been members of SCOUTER.comyou can view all recent posts on one page by clicking the link on the home page that says... Click Here To View Last Today's Active Topics

TERRY HOWERTON