Communicator Activity Badge

Hi and HELP

I have a group of Webelos who are very serious about earning activity badges. My question is this, we meet in the breeze way at the school, which really doesn't facilitate working with computers. Does anybody have any suggestions on how we can accomplish this component of the communicator activity badge? I have thought about calling our local cable internet provider to see if they have a resource person who can come out and give a demonstration on the internet.

Thanks

Do your local libraries offer internet access? Our local library has about 10 computers with free internet access, and 4 of these have screening software. The screening software limits the web surfing to "clean" sites. I would recommend this for your Webelo scouts.

Do you have a local computer store? I just saw where Gateway stores are helping Boy Scouts with Computer Merit Badge.

Also, does your school or the nearest middle

school or high school have a computer lab?

When my den did this badge last year, most of the boys had done this work in school, so we discussed what they had done and worked more on the other communicator requirements.