Found this while surfing around. Lots of really neat information about Scouting and it's history. As well as information about how to recruit new Scouts, what parents need to know about homesickness at camp, etc.

www.inquiry.net

Inquiry.net is a fantastic website! Thanks for letting us know about it. Did you check out the patrol yells? My son needs to come up with one for Tuesday night's troop meeting for his new patrol and these are much more fun than anything I was able to suggest.

I've found the internet to be the best source for almost anything scouting, especially for a Cubmaster with no scouting experience until two years ago. Any other suggestions for websites that would benefit parents of new boy scouts? I'm actually excited about the new scout patrol my son is in and would especially appreciate any more info on that concept. Thanks again.

Have you tried www.usscouts.org ?

My son also just joined a new scout patrol. I've been a Webelos leader for the past year and a half.

I thought inquiry.net was neat for all the "old" stuff on it, much that can still be used today.

CubsRgr8 - I have found that the Patrol system is best understood by going to the original source documents. They were written for lay people and once you get used to the old style language there is a lot of good stuff. I don't know where you can get it now but I downloaded an entire copy of'Aids to Scoutmastership' and have my own copies of 'Scouting for Boys' from Scout Shops.

Maybe try:

http://pinetreeweb.com/homepage.htm

Although it is a bit clunky.