Are there online handbooks?

I have lots of trouble trying to figure out exactly what you people are doing and how to convert your ideas into something I can use. If I could see for myself where you are coming from it would help lots.

I have found the MB and advancement requirements at Scouter.org.

Particularly I am after:

The BSA handbook - I last saw a copy 15 years ago.

Same handbook for venturers, explorers etc

OA requirements - yes I know it is secret and everything but I have tried to do a similar thing locally here and could use some info. Again my last view was 15 years ago.

Ozemu,

Due to copyright laws in the USA our books cannot be published on-line. That is why you only find requirements listed. All our manuals are available for purchase through our national supply center http://www.scoutstuff.org or maybe you would be willing to trade handbooks with an Amwerican scouter?

Bob White

PS

Only the ceremonies of the OA are secret the requirements and the handbook can be purchased.

I'll trade straight over a BSA handbook for an Australian one.

I'll ship to you, you ship to me even steven.

Cool?

Just email me mike@humanpackmule.com

That is of course unless Bob wants to trade, he spoke first on the subject. Dibs to Bob.(This message has been edited by Mike Long)

Happy to do both. We have a fieldbook and some Leaders manuals.

How would a fieldbook each (plus other stuff if you are interested)and you can divide the response so that I get a set?

Details direct through emu@lis.net.au

Cripes you blokes are quick off the mark!

Would you also be interested in exchanging an Eagle Scout Banner for the Australian equivalent(Queen's Scout, I believe)? I already have a Tiger Scout banner from Korea and would like to add to my growing collection.

Many thanks and by the way I'm a "sheila".

Grey Fox, Maybe...but what's a banner exactly. Over here that is a cloth or plastic wall hanging. Little wooden plaques we might have but I'm not sure that there are banners available. Thought I should check as words don't always translate exactly.

Right you are - a banner is a piece of cloth that hangs on a wall or between 2 poles. The one I have is longer than it is wide and has a silk screened image of the Eagle Medal on it (maybe 18 inches by 2 1/2 feet). Opps, I guess I should have put that in metric, shouldn't I? The banner itself is made of nylon fabric, easily folded and light to mail.

Do get back with me after the holidays as to the availability on your end. If you are interested, that is.

Sorry. But thanks for looking into my request. I'd love to "try a pom" as you say if I knew one. Anyone out there have a link to a UK website with a scouting forum?

By the way, have you ever seen a Scouting Catalog from the US. Has lots of photos in it and a lot of books etc.. Would be happy to post one to you if you are interested?