Prayers needed

Last night, a vehicle accident occurred at Camp Old Indian in Greenville, SC, that sent 9 Scoits and 1 staff member to the hospital. Mostf the boys are ok, but a couple a still in the hospital, including one with serious burns and a leg injury.

These scouts came fom Grenville, SC, Columbia, SC, and Orlando, FL.

Please add these young men to your prayers.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-news/greenville-news/Officials-Van-accident-sends-10-campers-counselor-to-hospital/-/9654794/15516240/-/62i3l0z/-/index.html

It has not been a good week for scouting in SC. Last week, there was also an accident near a summer camp in Society Hill, SC, where a longtime Scouter and current camp staffer was killed. And apparently, a troop from Summerville, SC got into a wreck coming home from camp. Everyone was ok in that incident.

Really glad my son's troop made it home safely.

On June 30 2012 the husband of a scouting friend of mine drifted left headon into a rv killing him and 3 scouts on the way back from camp. It was his first summer camp with the troop. A fourth victim was a 4 year old in the rv. The scouting world will miss them all.

News like this always saddens me.

I will of course keep these young men in my prayers.

I will also, every time I'm transporting Scouts remember the precious load I have with me and the huge responsibility I have.

Ea.

The scout from Columbia, SC is still in the hospital, and probably will remain there for a while. He is in a burn center with second degree chemical burns from gasoline over 60% of his body, and his left leg has been amputated below the knee. Despite all this, his condition seems to be improving, and his family, church, and the Scouting community have been rallying behind him.

I have no information on the boys from Greenville and Orlando, but keep all of them in your prayers.