Different summer camp location

We are off to Muskingham Valley Scout Reservation this year

The PLC is going to visit Friedlander this summer and we may run a split summer camp....I really don't want to take two weeks of vacation to get the troop to summer camp.

Does Friedlander do a first year program?????

Yes. Friedlander does a first year Scout program.

The PLC is going to visit Friedlander this summer and we may run a split summer camp....I really don't want to take two weeks of vacation to get the troop to summer camp.

So Sentinel.....Any other tips or tricks for Friedlander......

Is the campsite setup for your arrival, are cots and tents provided????

is there shelters or do you need to bring flys, are troop trailers allowed in the campsites or is everything carried in???

What is the most convenient campsite to everything or best campsite???

Basement,

The campsites are setup with typical canvas tents on wood platforms with cots. Each campsite has pavilion with picnic tables. There is a kaibo nearby (pit toilet, if your council uses a different term). If you want more coverage, you can bring a fly. Troop trailers are allowed. They pull them from the main parking lot with a tractor to minimize traffic. Program areas are spread out, as are campsites, so it depends on what you want to be close to. We stayed at Lakeview two years ago. Great site by the lake, and close to Archery. Rifle and Shotgun are a LONG way to the other side of camp. Here is a good map to show program areas and campsites: http://www.danbeard.org/camp/images/maps/cf_map.jpg

If you come along with your PLC this summer, let me know. I live two miles away and can meet you there for a walk around camp.

Our plans are to attend camp at Friedlander next summer (three year rotation is the plan, unless the scouts decide to go somewhere else).

Rjscout beat me to it, I have nothing to add. There a campsites closer to the program areas, but generally the ones like Lakeview are more private and have better views. If you unit isn't very large, you may end up spliting the site with another smaller unit.

If you have any other questions I'm sure rjscout or I can answer them.