Could everyone please update their public profiles?

With the new way of identifying members it is now very easy to learn a little more about each other through our profiles. Some of us have nothing in our profiles and I would be very appeciative if we could all take a little time to update them.

Think about it folks. If we know where we are all at we could support one another if any of us want to take our scouts on a long trips or get current local information.

If anyone is going to Seabase or Florida they are welcome to stop in and Troop 623 would be glad to host you on your way down.

I think I figured out the problem. When I enter my past Scouting positions I get an error. Also, if I type in more that can be viewed without scrolling in the Interests box, I get an error. I updated what I could.

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

No worries here. However as I went through the process I saw reference to editing my backpack and something else. Can't find it now. Anyone know what that is all about and how to access?

Wait a minute, I thought profiling was wrong! I mean the NJ State Police got in a lot of trouble over that.

(small joke -- everybody laugh politely)

I tried to update my profile, but it tells me I have the wrong password, but I can post with this password. I emailed to the "forgot your password" thingy. I will update as soon as I can.

Ahh hey guys,

Please be very careful with the profiling. In light of what my family has just gone through (read Internet stalking, will we really know that person or can someone just make up what they want. I know it's Scouting but please be very careful, there has been a couple of unsavory people here already. They have been taken off quickly, but my point is you've already given them information in your profile, it's to late. Sorry to be so cautious. I'm a little gun shy right now.

feathers

I don't blame you feathers but the key peice of info is an email address.

I run my own webserver and mail server. I track IPs and have reacted to SEVERAL hack attempts. I guess I'm just very comfortable with the web.