Camp La-No-Che

Never did Summer Camp there...imagine it will be hot as heck. Seemed nice enough. We camped in the primitive "adventure" area because of our size. Had some vehicular traffic through our campsite. I mostly recall walking a mile to get a decent cell phone signal to call my wife.

If you *need* a cell signal in camp, then one of the best spots are the cement benches outside of the dining hall. But generally speaking -- cell service is very limited there.

When I was visiting SMs there last summer, I spoke with a lot of Scouters from outside CFC and most of them were there for the Indian Lore program - and I must admit, it is an excellent program.

Personally I like the climbing programs (Swiss Tower, Climbing Wall, COPE), and the fact they have programs for older Scouts (like ATV & PWC, suba, etc.) Their T2F program is pretty good too. Plus, being right on the Ocala National Forest, there is wildlife everywhere! (Deer, hogs, turkeys, you name it.)

Really! Good to know. For some reason they didn't have that on the website. :)

It will come in handy for the one boy I have doing his Wilderness Survival MB, as well as the boys who want to do that swamp hike thing.

Camp La-No-Che ticks aren't your regular deer ticks either. Their tiny, about the size of a pin head. I usually get one as soon as I step out of my truck.

FYI: Sand Hill is pretty much tick-free :)