Sorry Bob, I thought you might know Philmont's short hand. 6 for June. 29 for the day of the month and thirteen days later on July 12 the Trek ends. (ie 629F - #2 means there are 2 crews coming)

Hope you can make the pigeon drop the packet before or during the Trek.

Thanks

BobWhite,

I too, am looking for a great ceremony for two boys who will be honored at one ceremony. I have found a couple scrips,(MacScouter and Rosegarten's Scout Page) but am still looking for others to choose from or adapt from. I was asked at the last minute to come up with something and be master of ceremonies. (Eagle COH on April 14)This is my first Eagle COH.

Is there any way someone could get a copy of your script without going to Philmont? Maybe posted to a website as a PDF file or something? It sounds like after all the ceremonies you have participated in you probably have it down to a science! I certainly would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Tom

PS thanks for the Eagle Medal Replica idea(This message has been edited by TomBeeb)(This message has been edited by TomBeeb)

Tom,

i'd be glad to look for a way to do that and if you know a web site that might want to do that I'd be willing to try. I don't have a personal site at this time and I don't have a resource I know of yet to produce it in PDF format. At least not in time to help you.

Where abouts in NY are you. I used to live Upstate and still have several scout contacts there that I could get the script to.

Bob

Thanks Bob, you're a lifesaver!

Rip Van Winkle Council

ph 845-339-0846

fax 845-339-1168

Just put a note on the coversheet for Tom-Troop 70. They will put it in our mailbox.

I can't thank you enough.

By the way, we should have 4 brand new fleur-de-lis candle holders for Sunday.

Tom

Hi TomBeeb,

The ceremony went out about midnight. I'll call the council office in the morning to make sure it arrived. Best of luck this weekend.

Grey Fox

If you want me to fax it to you instead of mailing to Philmont let me know.

Bob

I had two sons that made it to eagle. We made a video of their growing up from infancy to t-ball to cubs to scouts. By putting pictures in front of the vcr camera and taking 4 seconds of each picture, put it on pause while you change pictures, and get a 5-10 minute video. Then play music with it like wind benieth my wings and your my hero and such. There was not a dry eye in the place.

Also one troop has a big 3 by 4 ft box with stained glass copy of the eagle badge. Then there is a light bulb behind each section of the badge and they turn each on as they describe the meaning of each part of the badge.

There are several copies of eagle ceremonies at my web site www.rogerknapp.com that are good. The more boys participating in them the more that show up for the court of honor.

yis

Roger Knapp

Bob White

Silver B. too

Bob White,

The ceremony was great! Thanks for all the trouble you went through for our boys...Young Men.

I sat down with the parents one night and what ended up happening was we took some things from several different ceremonies, and kind of created our own script. Everyone thought it was great! Of course this was the first Eagle COH that we had ever done, not to mention no one else had even seen one before. So, no one knew if we messed up either.

But, everything worked out very well right up to the point where one of our Eagles', during his acceptance speech, referred to our State Assemblyman and our State Senator as "You Guys". Needless to say everyone (incl the Assemblyman & Senator) had a great chuckle over that. I later informed our new Eagle, in the presence of the Senator, the proper way to have made that address would have been "The Honorable You Guys".

We also have several boys from the Middle School Band and an ASM (who still has his bugle recordings of Revele and Taps from when he was a scout played at our scout camp), who played the Star Spangled Banner, Taps, and God Bless America to open and close the ceremony. Our Scout Executive from Council was very impressed and is asking if the boys will play for the Annual Council Recognition Dinner. Looks like the first paying gig for "Troop 70's All Scout Band"!

There wasn't a dry eye in the house at several points during the ceremony. When I wasn't at the podium as MOC, I was wiping my eyes so I could speak again.

I can't tell you how proud we were of our young men. AND...I can't wait to feel the same sense of pride (and everything else that I can't even put into words) when my son receives his Eagle.

Thanks again!

Tom(This message has been edited by TomBeeb)