I am looking for ideas for Eagle Scout Court of Honor Props. Something a little different than what you read about in USSP and MacScouter etc. Anyone have some ideas and/or photos?? Scripts that are different would also be appreciated.

You can buy historic American flags along with the world brotherhood flag on ebay. You can find them for between $5-$10. Have the scouts carry in the flags in the Eagle Court. You can also purchase a flag flown over the Capital through your local congressman. Fold and present it to the new Eagle Scout.

Thank You K-9Gold-Scout. That is the kind of thing I am looking for. I also came across a reference in another forum about the called song "Scouting Thunder" for bagpipes (of which we happen to have a player or two). This is also the kind of thing I am looking for and I am most greatful for the added information (such as the correct title of the music). I hope there are more people out there who will reply to my inquiry.

A nice gift to the new eagles, and a nice display for the COH, is a framed piece of fabric, usually felt, with all the patches, ranks, etc. the eagles have earned, covered with glass. If you really go for this it can be a chore to scrounge up patches. We were able to put one together for our son that included all the quality unit awards and duplicates of all his high adventure awards. It makes a great display to inspire younger scouts, and impress relatives, friends, and others who may not know much about scouting.

We have an oversized Eagle medal replica about 4-ft. tall that we hang center stage behind the Eagle Scouts chair. then we have a set of 4 large flor d'lis candle holders that we use for a Scout Law ceremony.

On occasions we have invited other units who attend to bring their american flags and flag stands. we use them to create a background for the ceremony.

Another thing we like to do is have all the Eagle scouts in the audience come up and introduce themselves and the year they erned their rank. Then all the current eagles stand behind the new Eagle as they all take the Eagle Oath together. We have had many people comment on how much they enjoyed being part of the ceremony.

Bob White

Oh, Bob White, a photo is worth a thousand words! What I wouldn't give for one of your 4ft Eagle and candle holders. Is there a source from which directions were obtained in order to make them? If so please point me in that direction.

Grey Fox,

The Eagle was made by taking a clipart image of the Eagle medal enlarging it a little and printing it on a sheet of transparency film. then it was put on an overhead projector and projected onto a half sheet of 1/4 inch plywood and traced. We asked an art student at the local highschool to paint it for us. She got a grade we got an great Eagle. She painted the Eagle and the banner with the knot. Then a parent sewed the ribbon section. The ring connecting the ribbon and Eagle was cut from plywood as well.

The candle holders I made. I took a scout emblem from the Internet blew it up to 10 3/4 inches tall, and printed it out on heavy paper stock.

I cut out the shape and traced it onto 1/4 plywood sqars 12in X 12in. Then I used a band saw to cut out the shapes. A rectangular block of wood about 2in X 2in and 7 inches long with 3 holes drilled into it to receive candles was glued and nailed to the back. Then a simple base was attached and the hole thing sanded primed and then spray painted metallic gold.

We use red, white and blue candles in them.

Hope this helps,

Bob White

Bob White

Now you're cooking. Thank you so very much. I think I can actually make this eagle prop now with these directions. Does it actually hang or is it on a stand of some sort. We have nowhere that we can easily hang something in the church where we hold our Eagle COH's but if it could be adapted for use on a stand of some sort...?

Grey Fox

Hi again Grey Fox,

You wrote that you are looking for Eagle Ceremony scripts. I have been involved in over 50 Eagle COH. I have a scipt that seems to go over very well. It takes about 45 minutes. There is not enough room here to publish the script and I am hesitant to post e-mail or fax numbers in a public forum. If you or someone you know will be attending Philmont Training Center this summer, I am sure I could make arrangements to deliver a full copy of the script.

Here is the agenda for the ceremony.

Bob White

Eagle Scout Court of Honor

Call to Order

Voice of the Eagle (See Script)

Presentation of Colors

Troop Color Guard

Invocation

Introduction of the Members of the Court

Scoutmaster

District Advancement Chairperson

Committee Advancement Chairperson

Introduction of Special Guests

Presentation of Eagle Candidates,

Eagle Honor Guard; (2) Eagle Scouts

Rededication to the Ideals of Scouting

(2) Life Scouts

Findings of the Court (See Script)

Presentation of the Candidates Parents

Eagle Honor Guard; (2) Eagle Scouts

Guest Speaker

The Eagle Scout Charge (See Script)

Eagle Scout

Application of the Eagle Scout Oath (See Script)

(All Eagles Please Stand)

Eagle Scout

Presentation of the Eagle Scout Award

Scoutmaster

Assistant Scoutmaster

Presentation of the Parents Pins

Letters of Congratulations

Thoughts from the Eagles

Benediction

Closing Ceremony (See Script)

Troop Color Guard

Reception

Bob White

I am not aware of anyone attending the Training Center BUT I do have a Crew Trekking at Philmont late June through early July. Could we arrange a pick up of materials at Headquarters when the Crew arrives? They will not have their own transportation (arriving by bus) so if you had some way of getting it to the Headquarters Bldg I'm Sure Mark Anderson (Program Director)could see that they got it.

Many Thanks!

Another Scouting Forum suggested I use the Silver Dollar Eagle as a presentation at an Eagle COH but didn't have the story that went with the presentation. They thought it had something to do with an aviator who worn it in their uniform OR a homeless man who had almost rubbed the Eagle off the coin. Does this strike a cord in anyone's memory???