Goshen vs. Tuckahoe for Webelos camp?

Hi All, we took our Webelos to Tuckahoe this year and had a great time, but there were lots of complaints about the run-down tents & pit toilets. As a result, we're considering Goshen next year (we send our Tiger-Wolf-Bears to Snyder but prefer going to a more rural location for the Webelos).

Has anyone out there been to the Webelo camps at both places? If so, what are your thoughts? For those of you who have only been to Goshen, would you go back?

Thanks in advance!

The two Packs I have been associated with always go to Goshen every year. I have bee three times myself. Personally I love it there. I also grew up 40 minutes away so I may be bias. The nice thing about Goshen is the reservation and lake are large enough to support 3 Scout Camps and 2 Webelos Camps, Camps PMI and Ross, with out anyone running into each other. The numerous hikes available for you to take the kids on are great. One up Viewing Rock allows a terrific overview of the entire lake. You can continue on to the next mountain top for a view of the valley for the more adventurous. Another takes you to a swinging bridge where everyone goes to swim in the Maury river.

Another advantage to having the multiple camps is you can take your Webelos to visit one of the Boy scout Camps and show them what they can look forward to as the move on. Camp Bowman is a patrol cooking camp oriented camp while the other two are dining hall style.

I know the camp may not be a totally modern camp like Snyder, but that adds to the charm. Since I have been there I know they have been renovating.

Went to Tuckahoe a couple years as a Scout (mid 70's) but never as a Webelos. We took our Webelos to Camp PMI at Goshen for both of their years. As Scouts, now, we've been back to Goshen (Bowman) for the past five years. Would highly recommend PMI for your Webelos.