Any tips for a 1st timer at Dan Beard Cub Adventure World

My son (Webelos II), another Mom and son (Webelos I) and 1 more Webelos II and I leave for the Dan Beard Council Cub Adventure World in about 2 weeks. Do any of you have any tips for things to bring to the camp that aren't on the list? Any secrets for getting around camp? Any must do activities, sights to see, etc? We are travelling from Michigan to go to this camp. All the boys have been to our local Council's camp over 10 times (3-4 summer cub camps) and wanted a change. We parents picked the DC camp from researching the internet. Any advice would be appreciated.

Yis,

TL

just sit back and enjoy. Cub world is a great camp and the camp staff is just great. Camp is pretty open as far as the layout. Just above Cub World is Upper Craig and Friedlander which is a full service Boy Scout Summer Camp. You might want to stop by Loveland Castle which is close by on you way home. It is a castle built from stone that was removed from the Little Miami River which flow by the castle. On Saturdays they have tours thru the castle. You could also stop by our Scout Service Center, you have to see it to believe it, just great. Welcome to Cincinnati, we are glad to have you.

My son (2nd year Webelos) and his den mates went earlier this summer. If you're where you'll have electricity, take a fan. The 2 dads who went with the den felt that they would have liked a little more food (the dads, not the scouts) so you might want to take some snacks corralled in a raccoon-proof container. It's late here, but that's what I've got off the top of my head. The boys had a great time and I'm sure yours will as well.

The Loveland Castle is very interesting. They have a web site with details and there's a good Wikipedia article as well. Tours are $3/person.