Camp songs with chords

Camp songs are great... but they're even better with musical accompaniment. Does anyone know where I can:

1) share some songs with guitar chords

2) get some more songs with guitar chords

There are many leaders that play musical instruments and there are lots of resources for lyrics to camp songs. We need a resource to point people to that has chords as well as lyrics.

Martin

Not sure if they are still published, but there used to be a Cub Scout Songbook, Boy Scout Songbook and Girl Scout Songbook, with guitar chords, as I recall. YOu might be able to pick them up on Ebay.

Boy Scout Songbook at Scoutstuff

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=BOOKS_LIT&C3=BK_MISC&C4=&LV=3&item=33224&prodid=33224^8^01RTL&

I can also suggest searching "campfire songs chords and lyrics" There are lots of sites though some songs may not be appropriate.

I also learned a long time ago that most folk/campfire songs can be played with 3 or 4 chords. Find a key that works and fake it. G-C-D7 and Em are easy chords that will cover a lot of songs and with a capo you can transpose into lots of other keys.

Hal

• 2 years later...