Money for camp

My family has been haveing some difficulty and its been hard to get money for scout camp and we leave in about a week and i am still about 150 dollars short what should i do to raise money?

What Miss Lisabob said. Your Scoutmaster has better access to the resources of your area than any of us (except by sheer accident you are near one of us geographically).

I do commend you for wanting to find ways to get from here to there. Hopefully some of the more common things you can do (mow yards, wash peoples cars on your block) are available to you.

Let us know what your Scoutmaster tells you :) Ask your PL for a Scoutmaster Conference; and tell him it's about a personal matter.

Be sure and ask your SM if your council provides any type of campership. Our council has funds set aside for Scouts who can't afford the full cost. I think it usually pays half the cost of camp, so the Scout, his troop and his parents only have to come up with the balance. The other thing that may be available are members of your troop CO or other individuals who will help with a Scouts needs. Please though be prepared to work to at least thank the individual who helped. My only concern is did your troop participate in council fundraisers and did you participate in troop fundraisers to help with the cost of camp. Our council campership application requires the SM signature stating that he knows the Scout has made the effort to help. Even the campership can be done very discreetly so only a few who have a "need to know" know that you received the financial aid.

thank you for the suggestions we just performed a fundraiser for the troop and the scoutmaster said that we will be using the money to help scouts get to camp also i will be working foe my gran parrents and they are giving me money only for camp and also i will look for work around my neigborhood. but i am hoping that my story dosnt seem to suck up but my family is having difficulty is because my father has leukimia and my grandfather has lung cancer. i am not afraid to discuss their illness because my dad has had this cacner before and god helped him so god will help him again. but again thank you for your suggestions

Lord willing, your Scout Camp has a Chaplain. While I hope your church has a youth pastor or youth leader (or the Pastor fills that role), I also hope you have time to sit down with the Camp Chaplain.

Much has been laid upon you in life experience at an early age. A good Chaplain will help you work through some of that, and still have fun.

Above all, allow yourself to have some fun during your week at camp. It'll give you strength for the coming weeks and months :)

cclman - I'm glad that you are helping with the fundraisers and working on your own. As Lisabob suggested, do make your SM aware of the situation. You would be surprised at how often people discretely help out others - with sports fees, camps, school, etc. I could personally make a pretty good list of examples. You are not alone in your need or your willingness to work for it or with others who will gladly help out.