OGE If it is the song I'm thinking of the tune is Scotland The Brave. Does it have the bagpipe drone at the begining and end? I have also seen it listed as The World Brotherhood of Scouting song. Check this title's lyrics against what you have. Good luck.

Thanks EagleWB, it is indeed "Scotland the Brave",

My son has his Eagle Court of Honor comming up in April and we were talking about music to play. As it happens a member of the Venture Crew he is also in is a Bagpiper in a High School bagpipe core. She has 3 other pipers besides herself lined up for the event. They were going to play Amazing Grace at the end, now they will play Scotland the Brave at the beginning as well. I would still like to see lyrics to "Scouting Thunder" tho it may be known by other titles. At the National Jamboree it was played on stage and in the 2001 National Jamboree Video tape they show the piper and have the music in the background a lot.

Here is a link to a site where you can hear it

http://www.contemplator.com/folk/scotland.htm(This message has been edited by OldGreyEagle)

OGE here are the words I have;

(Bagpipe Drone)Drone,drone,drone,drone,

Who put the out in scouting? Who put the flight to eagles? Who lit the light of scouting, over the world?

We'll never be hiked under, listen to our scouting thunder. We lit the light of scouting, over the world.

Boys turning into men; brave, clean and reverent men. Turning the world to a brotherhood of friends.

We put the out in scouting! We put the flight to eagles! We lit the light of scouting, over the world!

(Bagpipe drone) Drone,drone,drone,drone

The version I have seen used most, omits the third stanza. I'm not sure whether they just shortened it or the third stanza is harder for the boys to fit in.

OGE

Glad to help. Sorry I can't be in your area then. I would love to see and hear the bagpipes do that song. Our OA Lodge has a fellowship weekend scheduled for that time and I have committed to the host corps. I live in the Scranton area so maybe sometime our paths will cross.