Going to Woodruff this summer?

Are any of you going to Camp Woodruff this summer? Our troop will be up there for week 4 (June 21-30).

Wondering if anyone with Woodruff experience can add any info on what to expect, and what week you are going up?

Has anyone heard how the North Georgia drought has affected the waterfront program? How are the lake levels (I see that even with the rains the past month, Lake Lanier is still down almost 10')

Woodruff has a private lake ( 80 acres ) with its own dam, and fed by numerous springs. The drought ( which I think is over ) has had no effect. The camp, though, last year, added a 2nd well to supply water for troop sites, as a precaution. No effect on aquatics programs.

Late June will be cool at night, no bugs.

I have been going to Woodruff since 2003 with the pack and We have been to Woodruff the last couple of years with the troop. We will be there week 3 this year

Water level is not be a problem. Even in the middle of the drought,they released a lot of the water from the lake during the winter to do repairs and maintenence, the water level came back in plenty of time for camp.

Expect a great experience

Expect a busy camp,

Good first year program

If you have any adult leaders that need SM training, Sue puts on a great course

Dont forget to earn your SM merit badge

Polar Bear Plunge on Thursday morning is a blast

Nike, I believe that is week 2, not 1.

We will be there week 3, June 14 - 20. The water level never really changes, as was mentioned. We were there the same week last year, and had some very cool nights, down into the low 50's and one night into the 40's. The Troops from Florida were commenting about the "cold" weather. :-) That said, if you have any boys taking Wilderness Survival, they do need a good sleeping bag.

The climbing tower is nice, but you have to climb cardiac hill to get to it. For some fun spectating, go watch the boys ride the mountain boards after supper. They ride down the hill below the main parking lot, to the left of the road going down to the powerboat dock. They also have a frisbee golf course, so take your discs if you have them.

Thanks for all the good info! Many of our scouts are skateboarders and are really looking forward to the mountain boarding. I expect we will be there more than once or twice. Photos of this online look really cool!

We don't have any Wilderness Survivalists this year. But we do have takers on the Ultimate and Xtreme programs, so I will pass on climate info to them (and others). Sorry I will miss you there.

• 1 month later...