Does anyone know the answer to this question, and where I can find it in writing?

Q. If we take a family vacation and visit a museum or some other place of interest, is it permissible for us to buy a patch from the place we visit to put on his scouts jacket? Would appreciate a reply. Also, if he attends a scouts camp while visiting relatives who live out of state, is it o.k. to put any patches he may earn from the camp on his vest? Thanks for a reply.

Since the "brag" vest or jacket is not part of the official uniform, it has been my understanding the boys can put whatever they want on it. I try to encourage my son to see that it is some how related to Scouting. As a Cub Scout, that covered a lot of the things we did. The state parks where we live sell some cool looking patches. They also sell a patch that says "Georgia State Park Camper" then little ones to go with it that have the name of the Park on it. I let him put those on his brag vest because family camping is related to Scouting, and we usually were meeting some Cub requirement every time we do something at a State Park.

I have not found anything in writing over the past 2 years, and I have looked and asked around.

All the items you mentioned may be worn on a Cub Scout's jacket or brag vest. The only thing that is not to be displayed are rank patches, and awards from other organizations such as military awards and service ribbons.