Summer Camp Troop Awards

I went to Canyon Camp, Blackhawk Area Council as a youth. They had a special award that the staff would present to the troop that best exemplified the Scout Spirt at the end of the week. It was called the Gilwell staff. This was a forked staff that was sanded and varnish. This award was voted on by the staff during the week. Our troop never won while I was there, but received it during my brothers tenure. I went to L.E. Phillips in Chippawa Council this year. They had won called the Baden Powell award. The troop had to do several requirments during the week to earn it. Does you camp have any type of special awards?

At Camp Lefeber in Laona, Wisconsin, there is the Super Troop Award, which has a number of items a troop must do during the week, including a camp service project (this year we painted a large propane tank), passing a campsite inspection twice during the week, participating in camp wide activities, etc. We have won the award every year but one in our ten years of attendance. We won't go into the one year we didn's win.......

Dale

As a scout in Memphis, we went to Kia Kima. I don't recall a singular award voted on by the staff. I do recall there being a system similar to what eagle90 describes where there were requirements to a troop award available and we did do that every summer.

I also remember that on a patrol basis, there was a judging on a daily basis. The winning patrol was responsible for retiring the colors at the camp-wide flag ceremony each day (the staff would run the colors up in the morning at the morning ceremony).