Setting up District Day Camp

So today was set up day for District Day Camp for the Cubbies.

PD sees my smiling face and throws me a roll of yellow caution tape.

I start looking around the facility (we rent a county fairgrounds), and oh, boy... look at all the untagged power, pole barns full of historic tractors, and that big semitrailer that's open... all kinds of fun misadventures for 8-10 year olds.

Needless to say, our DE professional adviser get a shopping list of stuff he'll need to get at home depot or lowe's. :)

It's all fun though, because we have a better idea where the eye candy is, and where we need to make sure no Cub ever wanders.

Anyone else got tales of annual camp set-up ?? :)

We also rent the county fairgrounds for Day Camp, but we're away from the barns. We are, however, next to the grandstand for the track (fortunately fenced off and locked). Two years ago we showed up for setup on Sunday afternoon to discover some workers with a high-lift crane replacing the roof of the grandstand that had blown off in a high wind back in April.

We talked with the workers and decided to tape off the entire length along the area and everything went fine. As an added bonus, our theme was "Cubstuction" that year, and they were the only construction equipment we managed to have at camp since all the construction companies had all their equipment out working at job sites.