Greetings, everyone!

I am a Norhtern Region Camp School veteran who is attending his first camp school in the Southern Region. I will be attending the Aquatics Director section at Cherokee Scout Reservation in May. I am looking for information on either Cherokee itself, or if anyone out there has attended camp school there I would love some info on that, too.

Thanks alot,

compdcd

Hi Compdcd,

Unfortunately I can't help you out here. However maybe you can help me out!? I am going to camp school this year at most likely Hawk Mountain. I too am going to be an Aquatics Director this summer at Rodney Scout Reservation on the Chesapeake. So do you know anything about Hawk Mountain?

Thanks, Justin

Young Blood

Camp School at Hawk Mountain was a joy. The camp is a little hilly, but nothing major to contend with such as the cardiac hill at Ottari. The pool is near the dining hall, plus the waterfront is nearby which is a small lake created by a dam which can be easly seen from the dining hall also. No currents, but winds and maybe an occasional T storm are possible.

Overall, the NCS staff instructors are very knowledgeable and experienced for their areas. Overall, your stay there is should be great fun, but don't expect much time to loaf as the aquatics module makes for a full day, and then some. I would advise in bringing an extra swim suit; and a foam knee pad, plus cycling gloves for canoeing.....

Thanks for the Info. I actually know all about the foam knee pads. Last summer when my friend came back from camp school his knees were scabbed over from the canoe bottom. I am really looking forward to showing Hawk Mountian what I can do!! Sorry, I am an Aquat...we are allowed to be a little cocky;-)