know where to find camp school lists?

you may want to try the websites of the three other regions: southern, central and Northeast. Google should point you in the right direction.

The Southern Region website ( www.srbsa.org ) has a region calendar which lists upcoming events. The camp schools are listed there ( 3 in May I think, others in earlier months ). If there is not listing, there may be some contact information.

The Southern Region has the list of camp schools for every Region. Double check the dates with the regional office. We are hosting a COPE/Climbing recertificaton event this April and the date is wrong on the national list of camp schools. Go to programs section on their site and the camp school list is labeled on that page when you open it.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if this is off-topic... I attended NCS for Scoutcraft/Outdoor Skills at Hawk Mountain, Pa., back in 1998. At the end of the summer, knowing I wouldn't be able to come back next year, I gave my green binder full of goodies to the camp for general reference use.

I'm now looking to return to Scouting as a Scouter (after a hiatus to finish college and start a family and career), and am trying to brush up on my rusty skills. There was a ton of stuff in the NCS Scoutcraft binder that I'm now kicking myself for giving up, and I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of a way to get my hands on another copy - older, newer, doesn't matter. Or is distribution strictly controlled?

Thanks in advance!

Dan in Delaware

• 10 months later...

A couple points concerning NCS selection.

First would be to be sure to go through your council office with your application.They need to approve it and pass it on to the region office.I'd expect attempting to register directly with a region office would not be productive,and would probably delay the processing.

Another would be to double check dates and locations shown on region websites.I've seen cases where the annual calendar dates for NCS courses don't match the NCS materials,probably because the calendar hasn't been updated.I'd expect that in case of conflicting information the NCS materials would probably be correct.

I attended NCS twice in the 70's,and served on the support staff several times when one of our council camps hosted it.One summer I served as host council representative when our Director of Camping became ill shortly beforehand.It can be a great experiance,both from exposure to some impressive NCS staff,and fellow camp personnel from other councils.

Bbeing unaware of where you are, I don't know where to send you. But in our region (South East) I have a list. Our council will be hosting NCS this May.

If you PM me with your e-mail I can send you a copy of the file.

Just let me know.